On 28 Sep 2009 at 9:52, Pieter Kotze wrote:

Date sent:              Mon, 28 Sep 2009 09:52:52 +0200
From:                   Pieter Kotze <pko...@csir.co.za>
Subject:                [amsat-bb]  Sumbandila blog
To:                     amsat-bb@amsat.org

> For those who would like to keep up with what is happening see the following:
>
> http://sumbandilamission.blogspot.com/
>
> Regards
> ZS1PK/M0PAK
>

>From this site what we can read does not seems to be very positive for a long
>trouble free operation? Could be some hardware are not
radiation resistant or enough to sustain long nominal operation.

One factor will remain radiation will not vanished and the effect on material
will only added up.

"There seems to be a high incidence of Single Event Effects (SEE) due to
radiation, especially on the On-Board Computer (OBC).  We have
however designed all the electronics with latch-up protection, so none of the
SEE occurrences to date have caused any permanent damage.
Sometimes an SEE causes the OBC to reset and we have recently noticed that an
auto restart of the processor then does not fully complete.
With the WOD now available to us it seems that the lengthening of a timing
constraint in software will be able to alleviate this problem.
Note that we could not test for SEE on the ground so were not able to observe
this timing effect prior to launch."

I just hope they will be able to go around theses issues

"-"

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe