From: Jeff Moore <tnetcen...@gmail.com>
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Sent: Sunday, 6 June, 2010 20:43:11
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Falcon 9 video - moving early?

That sort of thing is actually common practice.  The Shuttle, for example,
fires the main engines and allows them to get up to thrust and stabilize
while the vehicle is still clamped down, then they fire the solid boosters,
then they let it go.

Jeff Moore  --  KE7ACY
BAR - Born Again Rocketeer
CN94

----- Original Message ----- From: "Elan Portnoy" <elanport...@yahoo.com>

> That's been the case even earlier as well. Listen to
> any of the countdowns for the Apollo lunar missions.
> The Saturn V's engines would ignite at about T-9 and take a
> few seconds to produce full thrust before lift-off at T =
> 0.

I remember the announcer saying something to the effect of, "T minus 9,
ignition sequence has started."