First, are you using a "real" serial port or a USB-to-serial adapter?  Second,
have you confirmed that the software and the radio are both set to the same
baud rate and device address?  And finally, what CAT delay setting are you
using in SatPC32?

Mine works perfectly with either type of interface at 9600 baud, default
address of $60, and a CAT delay of 70.

George, KA3HSW