A satellite with 25 channels would probably help.  LOL   This is why
a lot of the old guard satellite ops wish for the translator days
with 100-KHz of bandwidth and CW/SSB.  But I do NOT want to start up
a RANT on this -everyone knows this.

Single channel FM repeater satellites will always be saddled with
this problem - too many users/one channel.  Goes with the
territory.  that is reality.  Another reality: lots of unused
satellites while everyone is on a single satellite - why?

73, Ed
when I get my rotating array QRV I will be on VO-52 and AO-7.., any
maybe HO-68 ocassionally.  On AO-51 I will be trying mode-VS

At 11:53 AM 1/11/2011, mlolms...@fuse.net wrote:
>Having been a ham for over fifty years and having worked most modes of
>operation, including chasing DX and even satellite back in 1979,  I totally
>agree that working AO-51 can get frustrating.  However, if you think
>the mess on AO-51 is bad, try working a rare dx expedition
>sometime.  Talk about pile-ups!
>
>As for protocols, I think I've read this same protocol discussion in
>just about
>every ham mag. and no one has  come up with a workable solution that
>solved the problem.  People are individuals and they tend to do what
>they want to do.
>
>I really wish I had a workable, amiable solution, but I don't,
>sorry.  However, I
>don't recommend the Frequency  Policemen idea, they generally just
>tend to make everyone more upset and the confusion gets even worse
>
>Now I'll get off my soap-box.
>Thanks,
>Merle, AA4QE

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45
BP40IQ   500 KHz - 10-GHz   www.kl7uw.com
EME: 144-1.4kw*, 432-100w*, 1296-testing*, 3400-winter?
DUBUS Magazine USA Rep dubus...@hotmail.com