My apologies for forwarding this but I need some
help with the answers.  You could write directly
to Johnny or post to the reflector as is appropriate.

>Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 08:37:19 +0800 (HKT)
>From: Johnny Siu <vr2...@yahoo.com.hk>
>Subject: Allocation of 433 ­ 434 MHz Band for Short
>  Range Devices in VR2
>To: "Edward R. Cole" <kl...@acsalaska.net>
>

>Hello Edward,
>
> From my reading of your messages in Elecraft
> mail reflector, I understand you are an active
> operator in the UHF/SHF region.  Therefore, I need to draw your expertise now.
>
>The allocation of 70cm band in Hong Kong is
>430-431Mhz and 435-439.8Mhz - secondary amateur service.
>
>Office of Telecommunication Authority (OFTA) of
>Hong Kong is now considering allocating
>433-434Mhz for short range devices
>(SRD).  Clearly, this is not to the interest of
>the amateur radio sector in Hong Kong and
>deviated from IARU - region 3 band plan.
>
>I will take up the matter with OFTA on behalf of
>the amateur radio sector in VR2 to defense the
>70cm ham specturm.  Before doing so, I would
>like to draw some of your expertise:
>
>1.  Is it common to have short range devices
>within the 70cm band in other countries e.g. US?
>2.  Presumably, the short range devices are of
>low RF power so that co-existence with ham
>operation in the same band is possible.  Is my understanding correct?
>3.  If my understanding in item 2 above is
>positive, are there requirements for any guard
>band between the SRD and ham channels?
>4.  Is there technical issues which I should highlight to OFTA?
>
>My ultimate aim is to demand OFTA to return the
>band segment of 433-434Mhz to the amateur radio
>sector (at least as secondary services) in
>VR2.  Spot frequencies co-exist with ham
>operation are acceptable.  Any information to
>back up my argument will be appreciated.
>

>Cheers,
>
>Johnny VR2XMC

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45
BP40IQ   500 KHz - 10-GHz   www.kl7uw.com
EME: 144-1.4kw, 432-100w, 1296-testing*, 3400-winter?
DUBUS Magazine USA Rep dubus...@hotmail.com