From: Dee
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 10:53 AM
To: 'Zachary Beougher'
Cc: Amsat BB
Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] Preamp Distance from Antenna

Why do you need a preamp in the mobile?  Most new rigs are great at
sensitivity.  You must also remember that if you are mobile, Intermod is
just around the corner at these high sensitivity preamps.
Preamps, as a rule, should be as close to the antenna as mechanically
possible.
Good Luck,
73,
Dee, NB2F