I forgot to mention that the command stations were very busy in the
first few weeks of AO-6 because we had to keep the transponder
turned-off to save the batteries.  Unfortunately, this resulted in
QSO's being cut in half, because the bird lit up with activity every
time the Tx became activated.  I'm sure I was not making friends!

This was from Barstow, CA and K6HIJ's front yard.  We only ran as
command for about two weeks.  This was probably 1972?

Ed - KL7UW

PS: Dick (K6HIJ-sk) and I were both members of sbms which made the
2.4 GHz beacon for AO-7 (which was never turned on).  Dick was my
boss at Goldstone.

At 02:40 PM 5/5/2011, Kevin Deane wrote:

>Since Ham Radio cartoon funnies seem to be so hard to come by, I
>have been making my own. I was hoping I could find out from you
>guy's what was the OLDEST and BEST sat you all got to use so I could
>make them more interesting...Basically lookin for the oldtimers fav,
>something before my time if you will.
>
>I know Amsat has good info on all of them, just do not know the
>right one or one's to pick for my project.
>
>I have had good feedback on them so far, I thought I might circulate
>them publicly seeing how postage would get a little expensive...
>
>Kevin
>KF7MYK

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45