At 07:13 AM 6/27/2011, wa4...@comcast.net wrote:
>It took me 5 satellite passes before I could make 1 contact There
>were too many ops making what sounded like HI POWER multi contacts
>.This should not have happened. Maybe someone with good writting
>skills could send the ARRL world above 50 an artical on how to work
>the birds during FD
>WA4HFN em55  Damon

Good luck on that.  But if you are able to reach someone at ARRL,
suggest that any log with more than one satellite entry have his
100points disqualified.  Do satellite hams actually read "World Above
50 MHz"?  Better a separate article on working satellite during
FD.  A lot of stations working the sats on FD do not work satellites
anytime other than that.

And BTW there are some SSB transponder satellites for use, the
problem is the majority of satellite users today balk at obtaining
equipment for anything but working the FM Leos.  Its the old saw:
"you can lead a horse to water, ...".

Another old saw goes: "you asked for it, now live with it"!

One last rhetorical question: "does anyone recall the last time they
contacted KL7UW on a satellite?"  Was it FM or SSB?
I'm back to Oscar-Zero where I use JT-65.

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45
BP40IQ   500 KHz - 10-GHz   www.kl7uw.com
EME: 50-1.1kw?, 144-1.4kw, 432-100w, 1296-60w, 3400-?
DUBUS Magazine USA Rep dubus...@gmail.com