On 8/3/11 5:56 PM, Burns Fisher wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who posted pictures.  I think Phil Karn's picture number
> 9204 is particularly interesting.   It almost looks like something coming
> out of the collar and bending back and down away from the camera.  Any
> chance that is an antenna stuck somewhere?

Actually, none of the stills are really as good as the video they were
taken from. The satellite is moving around and the changing camera
perspective better shows the antenna connector sleeve in 3-D. The
lighter object inside the sleeve appeared to be about 1cm below the top
end of the sleeve. It also seemed to have a 3-pointed cross section,
almost like a miniature Oscar-10 shape. Having never seen the flight
hardware, and having seen pictures only of the construction of the
antenna, not the dummy load/terminator, I couldn't decide for sure what
I was seeing.

I took these shots later in the EVA when they were asked to look again
at the 70cm antenna and show it on camera.