Hi,

2.  The program does allow you to enter the callsign and forwarding
permanently.  However, it doesn't always work.  :

Earlier this year, I had it running with no problem on my XP machine.  I
bought a new WIN7 machine, and the install seemed to go well, except that it
complained there was no ??? directory to install something it needed.  I
don't recall the exact wording, but I read the error message and manually
created the directories it wanted in a fake user profile on the C drive.
After helping it, the installation seemed to go normally.  (It was
installed, and is run, from a full administrator account.)  However, I found
the same problem you have.  I had to reenter the data every time it started.
There was also a problem with some of the associated panes not displaying
properly unless they were maximized

Here is what I eventually did.  I tried reinstalling the program several
ways, but no help.  Next, I tried running the RESET-CONFIG-FILE.BAT in the
ARISSATTLM directory, which deletes the configuration file.  No change, even
after running the program, and then another clean reinstall.  From the batch
file, the configuration file is stored here:

"%USERPROFILE%\DESKTOP\ARISSATTLM\ARISSatTLM.CFG"

I ran a global search but did not find the ARISSatTLM.CFG file.  Then I went
to the directory, empty, and manually created an empty file with that name.
Started the program, but no help.  Finally, I reinstalled the program over
itself.  That fixed it! This also fixed the issue with the various program
panes not displaying as they should.

It appears that on some version and configurations of WIN7 there is a
problem creating the file.  I have WIN7 Pro 32 bit.  It is configured to
store the OS on C drive, and the User data on F drive.  That has confused at
least one other program.

So make certain you have an ARISSatTLM.CFG file.  If not, create and empty
file of that name, run the program, and if it is still not working,
reinstall it over itself.  That worked for me, though there must be a more
efficient way to get there.  Let me know if it solves your problem.

73s,

Alan
WA4SCA