The radio regulations govern here.  Both the USA and Russian administrations
are signatory parties, along with about all others around the world.

The pertinent provision is:

RR 22.1  Space stations shall be fitted with devices to ensure immediate
cessation of
their radio emissions by telecommand, whenever such cessation is required under
the provisions
of these Regulations.

This applies to all space stations in all radio communication services.

More information on this topic is at
http://www.iaru.org/satellite/ControllingSatellitesV27.pdf  on the IARU web
site.

Responsibility for the space station lies with the authorizing administration.

I hope this helps.

73, art…..
W4ART  Arlington VA

http://afeller.us