Randy,
Make sure you have any audio or DSP filters switched off, IF shift to centre etc. I found the 'tone' control on the FT736 affects the decode (eventually, by accident).. Also I found that I had a dirty contact on the soundcard input to my PC's motherboard! After I fixed some of these things, the decode was okay, mind you I suspect shielded cable would also be better - I'm using twin speaker lead.. :( . Put the CW at the marker (as close as possible and adjust for doppler) in USB mode and you should get some good frames eventually. I've found usually the high elevation passes are reliable, the low ones at 3-5 degrees just don't give me enough of a chance to get telemetry sometimes.

The soundcard is usually part of the issue also. My old P-4 shuttle mainboard AC97 codec style soundcard I think only samples at 48KHz or something and uses software drivers to pretend the sampling is at other rates - a proper PCI soundblaster style card or high quality SDR style soundcard would probably work better. At some stage I might try a better PC but for now it works some of the time straight from the headphone socket to line-in on the soundcard.

73
James VK6FJA