On 9/5/2011 6:47 PM, Richard Ferryman wrote:
  Can anyone tell me the conditions that trigger this EMERGENCY mode and what
changes to operation take place in this mode.

Hi Dick!

Thanks for collecting and forwarding data from ARISSat-1.

Emergency mode is entered when the power management software thinks the battery is dangerously low. It reduces the frequency of telemetry to one 30 second period every 5 and a half minutes or so, and turns off unnecessary loads otherwise. Evidence suggests our battery has failed "open", so the software must have taken a sample when the solar panels were at a poor angle with respect to the sun.

See http://arissat1.org/v3/images/PDF/janfeb11_monterio.pdf for full details.

-Joe KM1P