I know that everyone that has roved has had a similar problem. Here is the way
used to handle the problem.

First, when the satellite came up, I would listen for all the stations I could
hear and write them down.

Then I would put my call out there with the grid, those that wanted me, knew I
was in a rare grid.

Anyone that called me back, I put a check mark next to their call
When they stopped calling, I would say, "xy1xy, ve1a, ke5a, le5a, i have you,
any others"
Then I would listen and write down all that I heard call me and go back with
the
next list of those I had heard.

Obviously, this is a modified form of a two-way QSO because for a QSO to take
place you must hear them and they must hear you. Since I wrote down their calls
and gave it back and they called me and said they wanted a contact, we had a
two-way. Just not a two-way by itself, it was interrupted by many others.

I found this method to be the most efficient way to give out a rare grid square
to the most without spending a lot of time. And, if after giving out the list
the first time of who you heard, you have not heard your original friend, I
would call him then. All those that you acknowledged will now be silent because
they know they are in the log.

Sometimes we have to modify things for the situation.

73...bruce