From: Nico Janssen <ham...@xs4all.nl>
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Sent: Monday, 28 November 2011, 20:36
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: ARISSat-1 (37772) decay

Hi,

With its relatively high area to mass ratio, ARISSat 1 is
quite sensitive to space weather changes. In the past two
weeks solar flux values have been relatively low, around
140, while they were around 180 in the weeks before. Also
there have not been any magnetic storms.

As a result of this low solar activity, the expected decay
date of ARISSat 1 has now slipped to the end of December.
My current prediction is 27 December. But if solar activity
stays at these low levels, the decay date will even shift
into early January. So it is still too early to make any
sensible predictions.

73,
Nico PA0DLO