From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Daniel Schultz
Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2011 6:17 PM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] HR3288 - end of the ITAR nightmare?

There is a bill before the US House of Representatives that would give the
President authority to remove communications satellites and related
components
from the Munitions List. This would free up commercial and amateur satellite
builders to once again interact with our foreign colleagues.

ITAR regulations have caused irreparable harm to Amsat and have severely
restricted our ability to interact with our foreign colleagues. If you live
in
the USA and want to help Amsat launch new satellites, contact your
congressman
and ask him/her to support or possibly cosponsor HR3288, known as the
`Safeguarding United States Satellite Leadership and Security Act of 2011'.
You can locate your congressman's office on http://www.house.gov.

This information comes from:
http://www.southgatearc.org/news/november2011/will_hr_3288end_itars_chokehol
d_on_space_exploration.htm