Hi John,

The UK and the mid-west were mutually visible
in the morning almost the entire month of
November, 1997, via AO-10.  There was
a gap for a couple of weeks in December,
1997, but mutual visibility returned for
the 2nd half of January 1998 into
Feburary 1998.

RS12/13 made morning passes visible to
the mid-west roughly every other week
starting October, 1997 to March of
1998. (didn't calculate passes beyond that)

However, if you were tuning around in the FM
mode and found an SSB signal loud enough
to get your attention, I think you probably
heard RS12/13.

Do you remember how long you heard the
signal? (a couple of minutes or a half an
hour or more).  Was the signal strength
steady or was there a slow deep QSB?

73, Armando, N8IGJ