Hi Zack,

It sounds like you don't have a clear enough signal from the satellite.  For a
good picture, you will need to have  full-quieting FM reception.  How did the
voice announcements sound, prior to the SSTV session?

On good pass earlier today, I copied this picture:
http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ariss/SSTV/uploads/6443.jpg  It was nearly S9 on the
meter.  Just now there was a really low pass (maybe 5 degrees), and at most an
S2 with the preamp turned on.  The audio was good enough to copy most of what
was being said, and MMSSTV was able to trigger on the SSTV image, but all I got
for a picture was a rectangle of multi-colored snow.  Same setup as the with
the earlier picture.

You will have to adjust the receive frequency a bit to account for the Doppler
shift on most passes.  That's just life with Satellites.

Greg  KO6TH