From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Chris Maness
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2012 9:56 PM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] What Happened to the PacSats?

About 12 years ago, I was really into amateur radio satellites (the
analog birds).  I always wanted to try the PacSats, but I was a
college student, and could not afford all of the necessary hardware.
I tried to do it in software (and ended up falling in love with
Linux).  Now I have a good source of income, and was looking into
dabbling in the PacSats, but looking at the Amsat website, it looks
like none of the old birds are up.  So are there any plans to restore
store and forward messaging capability in future ham radio birds?  Is
this currently still possible and I am just missing something?

Thanks,
Chris Maness
KQ6UP