All AMSAT-NA members,

We are approaching that time of year to submit nominations to serve on the
Board of Directors.  This year there will be seats for 3 full members, and
up to 2 alternates, to be filled.  This is your opportunity to influence the
leadership, and future, of our organization.  The deadline for nominations
is June 15th, but that time will creep up remarkably quickly.  If you are
interested in serving, know someone who is, or who should be, now would be a
good time to begin the process.  The process details are available through
the ANS, WWW.AMSAT.ORG, and the information below.  Please contact me if you
have any questions.

73s,

Alan
WA4SCA
AMSAT-NA Corporate Secretary

AMSAT-NA Board of Directors Nominations

It is time to submit nominations for the upcoming open seats on the AMSAT-NA
Board of Directors. A valid nomination requires either one current Member
Society, or five current individual members in good standing, to nominate an
AMSAT-NA member for the position.

Three directors have terms expiring this year: Tom Clark, K3IO; Lou McFadin,
W5DID; and Gould Smith, WA4SXM.  The three nominees receiving the highest
number of votes will be seated as regular board members with two year terms.
The two nominees receiving the next highest number of votes will be seated
as alternates for one year.

Written nominations, consisting of names, calls and individual signatures,
should be mailed to: AMSAT-NA, 850 Sligo Ave #600, Silver Spring, MD, 20910.
They must be received no later than June 15th.  No other action is required.

Nominations may also be made by electronic means. These include e-mail, FAX,
or electronic image of a petition. Electronic petitions should be sent to
mar...@amsat.org or faxed to 301-608-3410, and also must be received by June
15th. If using any electronic submission, there is a second, verifying step.
ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS WITHOUT THIS SECOND, WRITTEN VERIFICATION ARE NOT
VALID UNDER THE EXISTING AMSAT-NA BYLAWS. A verifying traditional written
petition MUST be received at the AMSAT-NA office at the above address within
7 days following the close of nominations.