If I understand your wiring, I think you have it correct.

Is this what you are trying to do? http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/articles/Mode-J/

Note that for mode-B satellites where you are transmitting on 70cm and receiving on 2m, this won't work. In my experience, the extra filtering is also not needed there.

Good luck,

Greg KO6TH

hola,   i am trying to determine the best way to work full duplex on the birds
with 2 HT's or radios.   i cannot find any info so far on the web. my concern
is to keep the transmit power out of the receive radio, i guess basically the
difference between a diplexer and duplexer. since i am efficient (lazy) i
thought i would just look for suggestions here while i am checking google also.
   what do i need, di/du/ plexer, and what is the correct wiring scheme ?  i
will be using the arrow antenna without the built in duplexer, from the 2 feeds
(vhf/uhf)  and 2 HT's for now.  my picture of it so far, is to wire the vhf
radio direct to the vhf feed port on the arrow, and have the uhf port on the
arrow come into a duplexer, with the duplexer uhf port going to the uhf radio,
and the duplexer vhf port terminated into a 50 ohm dummy load.   also, any
suggestions of specific duplexers would be appreciated. i think i started on
this project a few years ago, but never got around to get!
ti!
  ng it all together. grazie mille,   Robert   k f 0 g    cn81   in the
woodwork, literally,
shasta/klamath national forests.