On Oct 27, 2012, at 9:03 PM, George Henry <ka3...@att.net> wrote:
> There used to be a program called NASAWASH that would allow you to clean up a
> TLE file by specifying, in a text file, which birds you were interested in,
> and then running the program against the new TLE file each time you
> downloaded it.  It would then output a TLE file containing only the sats you
> specified.  I think it was available for download from the AMSAT files area.

NASAWASH is still available at
http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/tools/softwareArchive.php#pc-util or direct from
me at http://www.mustbeart.com/software/nasawash.html -- but it doesn't have
that feature. It cleans up a TLE file but can't select a subset of the
satellites.

There are a couple of other old DOS programs still available on the AMSAT web
site that do have the feature. Follow the link above and look for EXTRACT or
SORTNENG.

73  -Paul
kb...@amsat.org