As I think back on 2012, I find it hard to believe that the end of the world has passed and the end of the year is so near (urgh, another end of something). Especially when it is going to reach 74 degrees in Houston today (75 degrees on Christmas Day) and we still have our air conditioner running. We have to put our tree in the freezer just to get some frost on it. What's up with that? Is Santa going to be wearing his beach ware this year? Will the sled have pontoons?

AMSAT Awards are doing well although they were a bit shy this year compared to other years. Hopefully in 2013, they will pick up as new satellites are launched and new hams find their way to satellite operations.

We closed down the old AMSAT online store and dusted off all the products we had and opened a new AMSAT online store right down the street from the old one at the corner of Electron and Byte. Now newer and improved to serve you better.

73 and Happy Holidays...bruce

--

Bruce Paige, KK5DO
AMSAT Director Contests and Awards ARRL Awards Manager (WAS, 5BWAS, VUCC), VE Houston AMSAT Net - Wed 0200z on Echolink - Conference *AMSAT*

AMSAT on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/amsat