From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Jim Walls
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2013 5:25 PM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Timing on VUCC Upgrade Processing

On 6/10/2013 14:21, Patrick STODDARD (WD9EWK/VA7EWK) wrote (in small part):

> But, as N5AFV mentioned earlier, we satellite operators should file
> for this award. Even if all it does is show ARRL that we're out here.
> 73! Patrick

I have not been satellite active for several years (mostly because of no
birds to actually talk through for more than 3 seconds at a time).  LOTW
was fairly new when I stopped operating satellite, but at that time the
general comment from those that were using LOTW was that particularly
for satellite operations, LOTW was such a pain to use, and really did
not support satellite ops without putting in incorrect data (it did not
understand our cross band operation or that there are actually more than
one satellite in use).  Maybe someone who is using it currently can
advise if works better for satellite operations now.  One of these days
I will get back on the birds, but I do have several thousand satellite
QSOs that I could log from years back if there were really any reason to
do so.

--
73