Just to clarify, the "time tracking" works just as well for the
elevation rotor.  You can see my balloon chasing 2.4 GHz antenna on my
van here:  http://aprs.org/balloons.html about 1/3rd down the page
(the second balloon mission).  But it used a full Yaesu AZ/EL system
so I did have feedback.

My controller had two serial inputs, one was for the GPS in the van
and the other was to a TNC to receive the APRS posits from the
balloon.  THen the controler does the math so the antenna remains
pointed at the balloon (or UAV or what have you)...  (though you
cannot stop very long or you lose heading info).
Bob, WB4APR