Thanks Jim for the response

nick

-----Original Message-----
From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Jim Sanford
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2013 5:22 PM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Yaesu g 5500 elevation rotator

I had this several years ago.  When I got it open, the pot was fine, but the
fine center arm wire had broken due to fatigue.  Another bad mechanical
design issue in these otherwise nice rotors.

By all means, get a replacement, but if the pot is good and could be easily
repaired by soldering and reinforcing mechanically the connection, you can
keep the spare for when you really need it.

Good luck!!
73,
Jim
wb4...@amsat.org

On 9/9/2013 1:47 PM, Alan wrote:
> Nick,
>
> 2-3 years ago, mine failed.  I called Yaesu/Vertex, and after talking
> them through finding it in the rotator rather than the controller, they
came up with one.  Parts and shipping were "reasonable."