On 11/6/13, jmfranke <jmfra...@cox.net> wrote:
> That is not "keeping up with technology," it is keeping up with fads.
>
> John  WA4WDL

A few years ago, I was talking about amateur radio with someone who,
at that time, was a recent engineering graduate.  She not only had no
idea what it was, she couldn't comprehend why anybody would be
interested in it.  Very quickly, she concluded it was--ahem--a "social
network".  (Yeah, right.)

I would have suggested that she return her degree because she didn't
appear to have learned anything.  Her discipline, though, wasn't
electrical, so it's unlikely that she would have learned anything
about it during her studies.

When I started my university studies 40 years ago, I thought amateur
radio was the neatest thing and I wanted to get my callsign one day.
Then again, I was an SWL, so I had a vague idea of what was involved.

Things have changed over the years, haven't they?

73s

Bernhard VA6BMJ @ DO33FL

<snip>