Or, you can use the really cheap black plastic tape for weatherproofing.  That
is, the "no name", "UL approved", tape that is sold by places like Harbor
Freight.

Such tape was provided by Decibel Products, and other commercial two-way
antenna manufacturers, for decades to weatherproof coaxial cable connections.
Every antenna came with a roll of this tape included.  Since a single roll of
this tape was sufficient to weatherproof a number of connections, every tower
man that I ever knew had a large box full of unused rolls of tape.  The tape
was just too useful to throw away.

The "cheap stuff" congeals into a waterproof mass after a few days in the sun.
More expensive tape often comes loose.  One does have to cut through the mass
to remove the tape.  I have removed this tape from antennas that have been
several hundred feet in the air, for decades, and, when removed, the connector
looked just like it did when new!

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com