The more I read about it, the more I expect that the right answer depends on one's particular receive-side hardware. If it's already got good out of band filtering, then the hi-pass filter offered by the posted diagram won't help, since it's aimed at reducing the 2m fundamental overload. For that, you need to use the 2m port on the Tx side (Tx to Common, 2m port to antenna, leaving the 70cm port unconnected).

On the other hand, if the receiver pretty wide open, then the 2m fundamental is the main problem, and the posted receive-side design will eliminate it before it hits the receive chain.

Yes?

Greg  KO6TH

Jim Jerzycke wrote:
Since I use a very good 2 Meter bandpass filter on my 2 Meter output, I use the diplexer AT the antenna, ahead of the preamp.

Jim  KQ6EA