Hi Jim,

Just listened to the Saturday 18:34z pass of FunCube over Northern California. Nice telemetry beacon, but I could not hear anyone (including myself) in the passband. Is it still in Transponder mode, or am I doing something wrong?

Telemetry beacon was at about the predicted 145.935 +/-, and I was listening between 145.950 and 145.970 (and beyond both edges for Doppler) for other stations (none heard). While listening on 145.960 I tried transmitting around 435.140, +/- about 20khz; nothing returned. Antennae are "Oscar class" CP beams, with an RX preamp at the rotor, and full Az/El computer control. Radio tuning was manual.

Not important for this pass, but I did notice that I could copy the beacon to -5 degrees (below the Southern horizon), with freshly updated keps.

Greg  KO6TH

Jim Heck wrote:
Hi Folks,

   At approx 21:12 UTC this evening, AO-73 was switched into continuous
lowpower beacon/ transponder ON Mode for radio amateurs use during the
weekend.

We'll be going back to normal mode at the end of the weekend.

Enjoy!

73s Jim G3WGM