I have one of the older FT-847's that does not have bidirectional CAT.

My understanding is that I can still use a PC to control/adjust doppler, but that I must tune the radio from the software only. Is that correct?

If so, what software would you suggest, Linux-preferred? I don't need any other control other than doppler correction on a linear bird pass. Does gpredict do this?

Bill W1PA

(btw, for those of you who I worked /P on SO-50 Friday mid-day, I was handheld at NEARfest hamfest (Deerfield, NH --FN43jc)