Hi folks,

So all this talk about Gpredict got me to look at updating my own setup, which pre-dated the modern Gpredict capabilites. But being so archaic, I need some help connecting the dots...

I have Gpredict / Hamlib talking to my Yaesu FT-736R radio for Doppler tracking just fine, but the rotor is a problem. My controller is home-brewed, and emulates the subset of the "Yaesu serial protocol" as output from the original DOS version of FODTrack. The syntax is the letter "W" followed by the Azimuth, a space, the Elevation, and terminated with a carriage return (hex 0d). Both the Az and El are whole decimal integers. When I moved to Linux and Predict (the ncurses version) in 2002, I modified the software to copy that same syntax, and all was fine.

Tab forward over a decade to my question: What model "Yaesu controller" was FODTrack thinking it was talking to? I need to find an equivalent model for Hamlib's rotctl daemon, and none of the choices seem to match. They all seem to want to talk to a single rotor (Az or El, not both). Is there an equivalent model, Yaesu or otherwise, that accepts "Waaa eee\n" for Az + El positioning?

Thanks,

Greg  KO6TH