lol.. so stupid, I didn't see it even if it was right under it... it's
probably because I remember when notifyAdd was only used for the
notification window...

but I'm thinking that something is still wrong, a 'notifyonlysound' what's
that config key about ? humm.. I just did a grep... that key is
initialized at 0, there is the check for 'if == 0' but it's never set
anywhere, it's not used in the prefs window or anything... so it's
actually useless...
another thing, look before those lines, tehre is a "if {config::getkey
shownotify == 0 } return" how about that ? it means no sounds are played
if the notify windows are disabled... same goes for specific windows... in
protocol.tcl look for the calls to notifyAdd, we do a "if { config::getKey
notifyonline } { notifyAdd ... }" so if we disabled notify winddow on
'online', then we won't get the sound..
I think the way it is designed is wrong...
I also noticed something, I'm 0% sure, but maybe there is a bug in the
notifyAdd code, we do a if { [::config::getKey showpicnotify] } ... isn't
it a skin option ? it should be a ::skin::getKey, not ::config::getKey...
and after that we get all our setting from ::skin::getKey x_notifydp for
example.. so it probably is a skin thing...

KKRT

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:53:26 -0400, Arieh Schneier
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> btw devels... I just noticed that we play sounds on notifyAdd... what
>> happens if you want sounds but disabled notification windows ??
>
> I'm not sure if you want me to reply to this, or you want to take another
> quick look at the code.
>
> notifyAdd is adding a notification to the user, it can add a sound
> and/or a
> window.
>
> proc notifyAdd { ... } {
>   #if we gota sound, play it
>   if { $sound != ""} {
>   }
>   # Check if we only want to play the sound notification
>   if { [::config::getKey notifyonlysound] == 0 } {
>   }
> }

KaKaRoTo