Op zondag 20 augustus 2006 18:00, schreef Philippe Khalaf:
> On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 12:13:14 +0200
>
> Philippe Valembois - Phil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Who said that the whole project will be in C ???
> > Only you ! What will be in C/C++ : DBUS bindings and GUI modules for
> > GTK/QT
>
> And the protocol backend (libmsn), and the connection manager for MSN.
> That means everything except the core. Harry? Did I misunderstand your
> design plans?
I have the impression (from earlier mails too) that Phil tends to regard the
libmsn / connection manager stuff as something separate (makes some sense,
because it runs separately, and is not even required to run aMSN2, as long as
a replacement like Telepathy-MSN is available).

Still he misses the extended Tcl runtime, but that is only a small amount of
code.

So, for aMSN2 itself we end up with the DBUS bindings and the extended Tcl
runtime being in C, as well as some GUI stuff (how much code that would be is
still highly unpredictable). Additionally there is indeed the connection
manager and the underlying libmsn being implemented in C.

To sum it up: in the case that we use Tcl, there will need be quite some C
code, you are right from that point of view, but on the other hand, you seem
to underestimate the amount of Tcl code needed to implement the core modules.

Harry