I got something weird yesterday too. I had two amsn instances open (dunno
if it's relevant), something in my pc was causing high load, I tried to
close one instance and the other one got a weird trayicon - correct in
dimensions, but the icon was a cropped part of a larger version than what
it was supposed to be. I cannot reproduce it, but it happens sometimes
here too (VERY VERY rarely, mostly with high load) - just not when I want
it to ;)

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, Youness Alaoui wrote:

> No matter who's at fault, what Alvaro said remains valid, this is a
> workaround for a bug, the best thing to do is to fix the bug itself.
> Make sure you have the latest SVN AND that you recompiled amsn (make clean
> all).. if it still happens, then we'll see this issue as being valid.
> Also, could you see what makes it do this ? is it truly, 100% random? or it
> happens when someone sends you a message, when you send an FT, when
> you change status, when a friend changes status, etc... OR if some other
> application does something... in other words, what happens if amsn is
> opened, but OFFLINE, and no other program is running, will it happen too ? it
> is probably triggered by soemthing. Try to find that.
> Also, this is weird you're the first one to report this (unless it was
> reported on the forums which I don't have time to read anymore), so it
> might be specific to your PC (maybe you use some application which causes
> this to amsn)
>
> KKRT
>

> On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 08:11:12AM -0300, Salatiel Filho wrote:
> > Actually i think it is an amsn bug , cause sometimes even using normal
> > X , the icon disappeared or became strange. Take a look on the
> > attached image to see what i mean by strange.
> > Every other trayicons works ok , like azureus, amule , skype. I think
> > a refresh to the tryicon would make things better :)
> >
> > On 8/22/06, ?lvaro J. Iradier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >Do you know if this is an AMSN issue or an XGL bug? I don't think we
> > >should make a workaround if it's a xgl bug...
> > >
> > >Greets.

> > >--
> > >(:===========================================:)
> > >  Alvaro J. Iradier Muro - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> > --
> > []'s
> > Salatiel
> >
> > "O maior prazer do inteligente ? bancar o  idiota
> >   diante de um  idiota que banca o inteligente".

---

"Where is the life that we have lost in living?
 Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?
 Where is the knowledge that we have lost in information?"

OEO;