I just saw the global announcement on IRC.. it says :
-christel- [Global Notice] Hi all, we've had quite a few people asking whether
the memorial site for Rob Levin (lilo) is online yet, and I
am happy to inform you all that you can now leave your condolences and read
what others have to say over at http://lilo.freenode.net Have
a good evening and thank you for using freenode!

I never spoke to 'lilo' but I always saw all of his global notice messages and
knew he was behind the freenode network. it's a shock to
know someone you 'knew' passed away and in such a terrible, fast and
unpredictable manner (got hit by a car) and it reminds us of how
fragile life is and that it could happen to anyone, anytime...
I don't know if any of you knew lilo more personally or spoke to him, but here
I thought I would pass on the news to anyone interested.
RIP Rob Levin.

KaKaRoTo