can be removed, afaik, you can do a
bind $w $event "-$binding"
as well as adding with "+$binding"
but if I'm wrong, you can always have a variable "loaded/unloaded" and in your
binding callback :
if {$loaded } {
    after $seconds "hide'
}

p.s.: I don't know how it's done ATM, but it should call the same function as
when you click on 'minimize to
tray' instead of doing a 'wm state . withdraw' in case a user doesn't have a
tray bar, so no tray icon to
restore the window.

KKRT