autoproxy is very nice, but it doesn't work for https and does not include
socks proxy, only http proxies..
all it does is to make sure that the username and password and
Proxy-Authorization header is always added to the
http requests...
it 'does' use the registry for proxy config, only for windows though and not
sure how good it is, all it does is
get HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Internet Settings/ProxyEnable
and HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Internet Settings/ProxyServer
and HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Internet
Settings/ProxyOverride

the proxyOverride is supposed to be a list of hosts which should not pass
through the proxy (like 127.0.0.1 for
example) and there is no mention of the proxy's password..

oh.. I just saw that for non/win, it looks at the environment variable
'http_proxy' and 'no_proxy' (equivalent
of proxyoverride)
that's it..

KKRT