Hi,
So you want to work on the GUI ? you can do different things :
1 - help improve amsn itself
2 - rewrite it from scratch with GTK+ and C++ (a libmsn with glib was started
(is availabel on svn) but not
working).
3 - help us on the amsn2 project which is a full rewrite of current amsn.

If you say you're a skilled developper and you have plenty of free time, then
you could join the team, you only
need to show us that you are willing to help and that you don't code as bad as
XXX (I don't want to hurt anyone
:p)
So here's the thing, you can either test amsn 0.97RC1 and find bugs and fix
them and send us patches so we can
review them. Or you can tell me you're interested in amsn2 and I can talk you
through it a little.
In short, amsn2 is a rewrite of amsn and is event-driven. This means that we
could (in theory) support multiple
protocols and have multiple GUIs (one in GTK one in QT, one in Tk, one for
embeded mobiles, one with ncurses,
one with web access, etc...). You could work on the GUI part if you wish, it
can be done either in C++ or in Tcl
(using gnocl which gives access to GTK bindings for Tcl) or in Tcl/Tk (not
using gnocl extension).

Your choice now!
KaKaRoTo