Lol, yes, I did. I still use a Windows machine at home. And I did test it on
my main machine, hoping that the AV would pop :p But hey, I wasn't using
Internet Explorer, so that's good, right? :p
It's this exact same kind of curiosity that got my windows XP machine wiped
out, I saw a virus, I knew it was a virus, and I decided to launch it to see
"what it does"... turns out it generates a random key and uses it to encrypt
all the files in C:\Windows and the virus stays in the kernel and decrypts
the files on the fly.. if you delete the virus, all your files are
corrupted, and you can't "fix" it without a reinstall since the encryption
key is random for everyone :p But hey, now I'm on windows 7, it's much more
secure ... apparently :p