Hello Matthias,
Those steps sound reasonable to me. In addition to that (when those
pointsbelow will work) it could be nice to support flatpak as a
kickstart command. For example to  add remote repositories and it even
could be interesting having flatpak as Anaconda payload so the
%packages section will support them.
However, everything above is for later better look & feel, for the
first version the %post section is a great idea. It is nice proof of
concept.
I have also a question are you planning to have Atomic Workstation Live
DVD oronly netinst?
I'm looking forward to see Atomic Workstation in action ;),Jirka