Two questions on configuring:

1] Does REFALIAS work on existing logfile lines only? I thought it would
process each REFALIAS sequentially for all lines but it appears not to.
For example, it occurred to me that almost every server support
http://myserver.com/ as and alias for http://www.myserver.com/ (or vice
versa). So I thought putting
    REFALIAS http://* http://www.*
    REFALIAS http://www.www.* http://www.*
would convert all such instances, but I end up just prepending www. to
ALL referring hosts. Is there a way to do this? Is this a bad idea?

2] I'm getting a lot of corrupt logfile lines in my MS-EXTENDED files
(about 18%). I cooked up my own logformat syntax like this:
LOGFORMAT (%Y-%m-%d %h:%n:%j %S %j %r %q %c %j %j %b %j %j %A %u %f)
for a field line like this:
#Fields: date time c-ip cs-username cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query
sc-status sc-win32-status sc-bytes cs-bytes time-taken cs-version
cs(User-Agent) cs(Cookie) cs(Referer)
in order to process cookies, and I've cut the bad logfiles in half (with
or without the %u for cookies). How is this different from what analog
creates? Most of the corrupt lines contain queries with characters like
'/', ':', and '|'. Are these illegal in a query (I don't remember)? Are
these what's tripping analog up?

Thanks

Jeremy Wadsack
The Flagstaff Link