Pat Carroll wrote:

> Our site's files log requests from both our web site and our
> ftp server.  I am attempting to use two LOGFORMAT statements
> to comprehend this.  Is that correct?  Or did I misunderstand
> the instructions?

If you really want one report to describe these two content sets, then that
is right. I think I would use two config files and create two separate
reports. FTP and HTTP are very different things in my mind.

> The problem is I'm getting " large number of corrupt lines in logfile"
> errors.  Obviously, one or both of my LOGFORMAT statements
> are incorrect.  Also, I'm receiving "xxx.log contains lines with no
> bytes:
> byte counts may be too low".  I'm presuming this is referring to some
> of the FTP request lines.  There aren't always byte transfers on those.

Because you have no byte counts in your FTP log. If you create a separate
config file for each log you won't get this error.

> Here's the two different lines that are in our log files:
>
> 205.158.153.187, -, 1/13/99, 9:40:29, W3SVC, STIPROXY, 209.39.240.2,
> 2937, 245, 7695, 200, 0, GET, /scripts/proxy/w3proxy.dll, 0378e008,
> http://pc-stiserver:80/Products/AT4080s.jpg,

Your
LOGFORMAT (%S, %u, %m/%d/%y, %h:%n:%j, W3SVC, %j, %v, %j, %j, %b, %c, %j,
%j, %j, %j, http://pc-stiserver:80/%r,)
should work here.

> 12.5.149.130, [EMAIL PROTECTED], 1/13/99, 14:00:46, MSFTPSVC,
> STIPROXY, -, 0, 27, 0, 0, 0, [24]  PASS , [EMAIL PROTECTED], -,

Hmm.. To many %j's I think. Try this
LOGFORMAT (%S, %u, %m/%d/%y, %h:%n:%j, MSFTPSVC, STIPROXY, %v, %j, %j,%j,

There also seems to be some repeated information in this last lines, and
Analog hates that. Try cleaning up the repetitousness (if it is that) and
you may get better results (and save some disk space).

HTH

--
Jeremy Wadsack
OutQuest Magazine