The following message was posted to the list on the 2nd of July, by
Stephen Turner.

!> Hi,
!> by specifying the HOSTALIAS command, he removes the SUBDOMAINS entry.
!>
!> SUBDOMAIN 10.71 "Office 1"
!>
!> HOSTALIAS 10.71.*.* "Office 1"
!>
!> with this configuration, the IP-Number 10.71.*.* doesn't appear in
!> the Domain > Report anymore. Why ?
!>
!
! Ah, yes, this won't quite work, because "Office 1" isn't a valid host.
! You want to use a combination of HOSTALIAS and DOMOUTPUTALIAS maybe
! like this:
!
! HOSTALIAS 10.71.* 10.71.1.1
! DOMOUTPUTALIAS  10.71.1.1 "10.71.1-63.* (Office 1)"

It sounds like it might provide an answer to part of your question, at least

Aengus