Stephen Turner wrote:

> On 13 Oct 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Hi Stephen and others,
> >
> > I have a Hypermart site which comes with a stats directory,
> > using analog2.11/Unix and creating weekly HTML stats pages
> > accumulating into 4-weeks totals.
> > There is also a file called raw_logfile.gz
> >
> > Since the past two weeks, the stats show virtually no
> > visits, which is impossible, I have changed many pages
> > and then visited the changed pages, but these visits
> > do not show up.
> >
> > I used to get between 100 and 300 page requests a day,
> > I hopefully still get them, they just don't show up in
> > the stats anymore.
> >
> > Hypermart doesn't seem able (willing) to help.
> > Is there perhaps anything you can suggest?
> >

> I wonder if the format of the logfile has changed recently. Does the report
> list a lot of "corrupt lines"? If so, it means that analog isn't able to
> read your logfile any more.
>
> An alternative, as you've redesigned the site, is that you've changed the
> extension of some of the files, and analog no longer recognises them as
> "pages". For example, it would recognise .html as pages, but not .asp by
> default (although you can tell it to recognise any file as a "page").
>
> Those are the things I can think of immediately. But in either case, I'm
> afraid that whoever runs it for you will have to sort it out.

It is also possible that it was configured with *INCLUDE statements that exclude
the new pages that you've designed. You said you can get the raw_logfile; can
you also get access to the Analog configuration file. Perhaps if you were to
post the coniguration and a few lines of the log file we could try to help you
out.

HTH

--
Jeremy Wadsack