Michael wrote:

>"Alejandro Acosta Alamo." wrote:
>>
>>    Is posible to pass parameters to analog from the shell?. I mean, I am
>> running analog (3.31) in Irix 6.5, I would like to pass parameters to it
>> like logfile, outputfile, probably config file, etc.
>
>That *is* kind of hard to find in the user manual, isn't it?  :-)
>
>Use +C for "command" and enclose the command in quotes so the spaces
>don't confuse the command line parser:
>
>analog +C"LOGFILE mylog.log"
>
>That works for any line you'd put into a config file.  Oh -- the C must
>be upper-case (just confirmed that with the user's manual).

Looks like you need to read the manual again, Michael :-)

The "common" commands all have their own command line arguments. For
example:

analog logfile.log    runs analog against logfile.log

analog +Ooutfile.htm  puts the output in

analog +gconfile.cfg  uses confile.cfg in addition to analog.cfg

Command line arguments are case sensitive, and use + or - to denote
enabling or disabling an action or report. You can use a whole bunch of
them together (I just did separate examples for clarity).

+C is available for any arbitrary command that you would normally put in
your config file. (Or one that you can't remember the 1 letter code
for). Most of the codes are listed in output.html, but there isn't a
comprehensive chapter dealing with command line arguments.

Aengus