Michael Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>An interesting episode: one of my customers discovered 27 referrals in his
>report from www.persiankitty.com (don't look unless you expect porn).  His
>is a low-traffic site, so that 27 referrers made the Kitty his second
>highest referring site, and he was a little embarrassed to be pointed to
>from a porn site, but since his site is a privacy news thing, he figured it
>was logical.

I'm finding external referrers in the logs on my Intranet web servers - in
other words, servers than can't be reached from the outside world. Some of
this might be put down to hyperlinks in web-based e-mail programs that people
might be using, or people saving a copy of their bookmarks on an external
website, but there are far more external referers than can be explained by
this.

I'm assuming that the problem has something to do with a browser bug, and
maybe having multiple windows open, or something to do with Frames, but I've
decided to pretend that I haven't noticed for now, until I have time to get
totally paranoid about it, and really find out what's happening.

Aengus