On Thu, 2 May 2002, Bates, Lisa wrote:

> Analog, what a great tool!  I'm amazed at the scope, flexibility and
> complexity. Well done!
>
> A few questions, please?  This has been asked before...but I'm still not
> seeing the answer after looking at the doc.
> "Question: How can I change the basis for plotting the File-Size pie >
> chart, from number of requests, to amount
> of traffic (as is the case > with the Organization and File-Type reports)?
> See the documentation on pie charts in docs/othreps.html.
> I have looked at the docs/othreps.html, and tried a few options, but I still
> get 2454 requests showing up as 0 bytes.
> I thought I would see something like a SIZEFLOOR keyword?
> Sorry, if this is a silly question, but I'm a Analog Newbie....If requests
> for 0 bytes can't be turned off, what does it represent?

I think your second question got answered, but not this first one.

SIZECHART will change the basis the chart is plotted by.

Files with 0 sent-bytes certainly do exist. They most often come about when
a browser has a cached copy of a file, and so asks the server to send the
file again only if it hasn't been modified recently. The server records the
transaction, but doesn't send any data.

Actually, you can get analog to treat these not as successes by the command
  304ISSUCCESS OFF
Then they won't show up in the File Size Report any more.

--
Stephen Turner, Cambridge, UK    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adelie/stephen/
"This is Henman's 8th Wimbledon, and he's only lost 7 matches." BBC, 2/Jul/01