I am trying to analyse pages from a large 'portal' site and am having real
problems with page counts and all attempts with PAGEINCLUDE, TYPE and
FILEALIAS and other experiements fail.

The site generates URLs similar to:
/bdotg/action/home?r.l1=1078549133&r.lc=en&r.s=m

It seems to be the period in the input vars that's causing the problem as
the File Type report then lists things like:

reqs    %reqs   Gbytes  %bytes  extension
7277    0.08%   0.18    0.32%   .s=tl"
12683   0.15%   0.11    0.20%
.t=CAMPAIGN&furlname=selfassessment&furlparam=selfassessment"
4485    0.05%   0.11    0.20%   .s=m"

Note the very low percentages as this is in effect counting page by page as
a different file type.

So I've tried things like:

PAGEINCLUDE *.s*
PAGEINCLUDE *.t*

(with and without the trailing *).

I've also tried patterns like:

PAGEINCLUDE /home

But all attempts fail.

It looks like analog is parsing the URL from the right and taking everything
to the right of the last period to be the file extension rather than
dropping everything to the right of and including the query (?) and then
looking at the suffix of the URL.

I've tried FILEALIAS as in:

FILEALIAS .s*   .html
FILEALIAS .t*   .html
FILEALIAS .l2*  .html
FILEALIAS .l1*  .html

As another means of making analog consider these portal generates URLs to be
pages but nothing seems to work. I may have to work on the basis of 'All
requests - css/images/js files' = pages :-(

Thanks for any ideas.../Iain