Hello, I am looking at Analog. I am a current summary.net user. The pay for an update to get features I am not going to need, but mostly need new user agent strings change sets is getting tiresome.

My general questions are:

Looking at the analog demo stats, I am pretty sure my clients would consider it a step down from summary, on visual appearance. Technical merits would not be something they consider. I am pretty adept at css and html, is it possible to "skin" or "theme" analog?

I have some older machines that run Mac OS 9 WebStar, logging in I believe an extended common log format. Can analog handle most of what I throw at it for log formats? For those that are out of the ordinary, I was able to Summary, to create custom log mappings, is this possible?

Every Apache server we have logs all hits to one log, which is rolled nightly. Summary used built in ftp to pull down only the new log files. Is there a provision to get logs from remote machines, or will I need to look at something like rsync to make this happen?

I am dealing with 100's of GB's of log data, a entire year, so we start small, and at the end of the year, there is a lot. In Summary, I used incremental processing, on a 5 minute schedule, which it was able to generate new reports for each client in a around 10 minutes. Will I be parsing the entire log set over and over again?

At the end of the year, I was able to "render" out the logs to html files, so my clients can have access to their past data, will analog be able to perform something similar?

Is there a way to get aggregate bandwidth on a per machine basis? I also use Summary for getting rough ideas of the bandwidth used over http for the entire machine, as well as granular down to each virtual host.

Will I be able to pull out the individual virtual hosts, password protect each report, even though I have log data that is on one single access_log?

Are DNS lookups cached?

Maybe this could all be solved with a matrix that compared stats reporting software in a chart, has anyone ever seen one of these that includes analog?

Thank you for your time.